Here are some of my favourite shots from the shoot with Kir. I can’t believe it’s done!! SO EXCITED!! A very special thank you to everyone who helped me out with this project, I can’t imagine where I would be if I’d had to go it alone. 

After being stack cut and binded the books are finally ready to be photodoc’d. Here’s a picture of my friend Kir (a photo major at emily carr) helping me get some glamour shots of my project for the final presentation! I think it’s so underrated to have multiples of something, look how pretty the books are all lined up in a row. 

After being stack cut and binded the books are finally ready to be photodoc’d. Here’s a picture of my friend Kir (a photo major at emily carr) helping me get some glamour shots of my project for the final presentation! I think it’s so underrated to have multiples of something, look how pretty the books are all lined up in a row. 

At the DOC printing my covers! Aside from a little glitch chalked up to human error (that is becoming way too common a thing), it’s starting to really come together! 

At the DOC printing my covers! Aside from a little glitch chalked up to human error (that is becoming way too common a thing), it’s starting to really come together! 

It’s production time!! Folding the pages was probably the most stressful point in my semester… trying to get a perfect fold without human error should be an olympic event. After all the folding was done though it was pretty exciting!! 

And finally I have a finished cover. I like that it’s more personal than my previous attempts, thanks to the photo it has a more human element. And the inner cover reflects the graphic identity. Consistency for the win! 
In other news, I have decided on a title! I like it because it’s something that can be an attention grabber at the beginning of the book, and a call to action at the end of the book. 

And finally I have a finished cover. I like that it’s more personal than my previous attempts, thanks to the photo it has a more human element. And the inner cover reflects the graphic identity. Consistency for the win! 

In other news, I have decided on a title! I like it because it’s something that can be an attention grabber at the beginning of the book, and a call to action at the end of the book. 

The cover wasn’t feeling right for me, so I decided to move the illustration to the inside. Sort of a fun foreshadowing for the graphic style throughout the book. 

The cover wasn’t feeling right for me, so I decided to move the illustration to the inside. Sort of a fun foreshadowing for the graphic style throughout the book. 

During title considerations I was simultaneously trying to figure out what the cover of this little collection is going to look like. I don’t want it to look too clinical, but I want it to reflect the visual style of the contents. 

Neither of these are where I want them to be yet… They are both too flat. 

Finally I’m at a place where I can start dealing with the book as a whole. I spent a while talking to Victoria about what to call the book, something that respects the content while still attracting attention. We both like the idea of an attention catching phrase that can be used at the beginning and end of the book, as a nice way to frame the content. Here are some of the names we discussed. 

Finally I’m at a place where I can start dealing with the book as a whole. I spent a while talking to Victoria about what to call the book, something that respects the content while still attracting attention. We both like the idea of an attention catching phrase that can be used at the beginning and end of the book, as a nice way to frame the content. Here are some of the names we discussed.